Friday, August 31, 2007

The start of the knitting vacation


Today is the official get ready day for my knitting vacation. More about that tomorrow. First let me say it is necessary to find a wonderful place for my little dog Sammy. He has listened to Emmy and is so very much better about the knitting. Today he went to stay with my grandchildren. I am so fortunate it is less than 2 hours from where I live. Sammy loves it there, children and dogs to play with and the cat Pablo to harass. I took a picture of Lillie, Louis and Sammy just before we left. Lillie is wearing her birthday dress. I used one of the free patterns from Kramer yarns web page. I am still learning this blog stuff and not ready to give you those wonderful links but I am working on it. So in the meantime you will just have to do a regular old fashioned search. The Watermelon dress. I used cotton DK from my stash. I am trying to hard to reduce it. I think it came out really cute and she loves it. That little dog is my Sammy. I shall miss him when I am away.

I was so luck hubby drove and I was able to knit on the emergency sweater for Sunday's christening. I am almost finished and will post that picture tomorrow.

I need to finish that sweater.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joan, look at you! You look like a blogging pro. :-) I'm so glad you are enjoying it. Now, if Blogger would just start to cooperate with you. Have fun on your knitting vacation!