Thursday, August 23, 2007

PINK SWAN?



Yes I know swan's are supposed to be white or black. When I first became aware of Mystery Stole 3 I quickly reached into the stash and found this merino / silk lace weight yarn. White and black was suggested, however that being said when I started getting involved in the Mystery Stole 3 I had no idea what the stole was or the theme. I just love PINK! a favorite color with me. Lillie ( my grand daughter )says when it is not pink it is "Blappy" who knows what vocabulary words a 3 year old can make up. At any rate I choose pink. After all the knitting it looks dreadful.


And now the fun begins. I use crochet thread to string in the edges. I find I am happier than with blocking wires besides I loaned my blocking wires. Big Mistake! They have disappeared. Next step was to wash. I used a new product I am coming to love called Soak. It is no rinse and works great. I pinned to the cardboard cutting mat until I was happy with the results. Then gave it a quick spray to set every thing in place. I used my favorite mixture:
1 quart distilled water
1 Tablespoon vodka
A few drops of essential oil my favorite scent rose.
shake well and enjoy. The vodka is what dissolves the essential oils. DO NOT DRINK THIS!

I use this when I iron. Yes there are some of us who still do that. I use only vintage pillow cases and I spray with this mixture when I iron. Oh it smells so good. Imagine what my linen closet smells like. This and freshly ironed antique linen sheets makes for a pretty nice sleep.

Not to let it dry and tomorrow the Pink Swan appears. Sammy is banned from the dining room!

Posted by joan and susie at 8:30 AM 0 comments

7 comments:

Soo said...

Ooooooh! I can't wait to see the pink glory released from the pins!!! I love pink and expect it will be gorgeous.

keri said...

Thanks so much for the spray mix info, I love learning stuff like this!

Your swan is gorgeous - you did a wonderful job!

Nautical Knitter said...

This may be the prettiest one I have seen yet!!!! Great job!

Gammy aka Peggy said...

Your Pink Swan is gorgeous!!! The lucious pink makes it so fragile looking. Really, really beautiful!!!!!

Shirley said...

Beautiful shawl, love the pink! I haven't been brave enough to start mine yet but am heading to my LYS this afternoon to get the yarn and needles. I also have a Boston Terrier named Sami. She is a lover but a stinker too!

LUL said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

You did a great job!! I love it in pink!!

Maria (Boston)
MS3=Maria7gwp