Saturday, September 1, 2007

Fall Into Autum Dishcloth Exchange

Now who would have thought making dishcloths would have produced so many new friends and such fun. That being said I think I shall try a swap. Toooo Cool!!! First I will answer the question for the Fall Dish rag swap and then hopefully work on getting that button on my blog. We shall see. I am getting a lot of help from my blogging friends and will do my best. I don't have much time as I have to pack yarn to last 2 weeks of travel. My knitting vacation. YES YES YES.

1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been doing it?
I knit but I can crochet I just don't unless pushed for an edge on a sweater or something smilar. How long let us just say over 50 years.

2. Have you made dischloths before? Do you use them yourself, give them as gifts, or both?
Yes I have made them but not given them much thought until after the Dish Rag Tag Contest proved so much fun. So now I knit them, give them and use them.

3. What's your favorite cotton to make cloths from? What cotton would you like to try that you haven't before ?
I have no preference here.

4. If you knit, do you prefer circular or straight needles? For all, do you prefer wooden, metal, or plastic needles?
I use circular needles and I like the shiny silver ones. If it is a case of a cuff and double points are needed I am not particular bamboo or casin either one, but in the shortest length possible.

5. What are your favorite colors? Any colors you don't like much? PINK is there any other color? Please no Orange or Brown.

6. What do you like best about Autumn? The colors out there to enjoy and the feel of the air.
Just wait until I post fall pictures about the first week or so of October.

7. Pies: Pumpkin? Apple? Pecan? All of em? or No Thanks!
ALL OF THE ABOVE

8. When you were a kid, were you the one who couldn't wait to get started with school , or the one who overslept on the 1st day?
I liked school but I still could over sleep, night person you know

9. Do you celebrate Halloween? (The real key here guys is especially knowing if you have an aversion to the holiday or little goodies/decorations associated with it, given the timeframe of the swap)

Oh yes Halloween is great fun. I love the faces on children who get so excited about this. They are already thinking about costumes. I think there may be some sewing coming my way. Grandchildren you know!

10. If you had to choose just 3 edible 'goodies' to eat for a full year, what 3 would you choose?
Now really only 3, homemade bread, cookies my favorite is sugar, mostly I eat anything that does not eat me first.

11. Do you have any pets? Kids? Husbands who seem like kids? ;) Oh yes kids, just one who has 2 children who are the light of my life and pets yes my Sammy my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and a husband who I think that even tho he is on social security is about 2 or 3 years old.

12. If you were to describe a particular yarn that shares traits of your personality, what would it be and why?Cascade superwash. It is soft comes in beautiful shades of PINK and is practical. But still a lovely wool fiber.

13. Do you use your cloths mostly for dishcloths, or as facecloths?
In the kitchen.

14. Favorite Fall Holiday: Halloween or Thanksgiving and why? (Feel free to share another fall memory if you do not celebrate either of these holidays)
Halloween where all the little goblins come to my door. Thanksgiving has lost its luster as I was the designated, cook, hostess, bed and breakfast owner and clean up the mess for inlaws for far to many years.

15. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should know about? No allergies but I am funny about scents, I like the florals, rose , jasmine and the like. Since soap is invoved guess I should mention this.

No comments: