Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A REQUEST! I'M SO EXCITED

I have a request, I'm so excited. I certainly cannot knit as fast as Joan, but I can cook and share recipes! This is a wonderful summer time treat. When fresh peaches are available my family starts hinting for this treat!

Peaches and Cream

1 - 7 inch Angel Food Cake (Freezing makes it easier to slice)
4 cups sliced fresh peaches
1 small box instant Vanilla pudding
1 can Eagle Brand Milk
1 pint whipping cream
1 cup very cold water
1 tsp almond flavoring

Combine water, pudding, eagle brand and almond extract. Chill for 5 minutes while whipping the pint of whipping cream. Slice the angel food cake into thin slices. Combine the pudding mixture with the whipping cream. Layer half of the cake, cream mixture and peaches in a 9 X 13 inch pan. Repeat layers. Chill before serving.

My son could eat just the pudding mixture with a spoon, but he's more than willing to wait for the finished product.

1 comment:

Natalie Rush said...

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi. I love dogs and now LOVE knitting too. :) Hope you enjoyed what you read.