Monday, February 11, 2008

Snow day + Knitting + Law and Order = HEAVEN






Howdy y'all. This is Katie again, Susie's daughter. Today most of the midwest is covered in snow and ice. What does that mean? NO SCHOOL!! They closed the university after I'd only been there an hour (this is significant as it takes me almost an hour to get there). By the time I made it to the car the parking lot was solid ice. The bridge that crosses the Mississippi River was frozen and two cars, one on either side of traffic, had already wrecked. It took me an hour and a half to get home. My windshield wipers were frozen and the car was covered in a half inch of ice. But alas I made it back to Ital Haus. I spent the afternoon doing what else? Knitting of course and watching Law and Order...my favorite activities.



These are the toe socks I am working on currently. They are from Meilenweit Sock Yarn Fall/Winter 2006 booklet and are done useing Lana Grossa Meilenweit Multieffekt sock yarn in color 3030.





















These are the slippers I made and am now wearing as it is pretty cold in this old house.

These were made from the book Knit 2 Together and made with Lion Brand Lion Wool. They were seriously the fastest knit ever!! It probably had something to do with the fact that you hold three strands together at once.





This is my newest, most loved creation. It is made from the pattern Chapeau Marnier on Knitty.com with Louet Gems Sport Weight. It is really warm and very cute. I decided on the tan ribbon to match my coat.


I am hoping that the bank calls me and tells me not to come to work tomorrow (crosses fingers) so I can knit alllllllll day. But I doubt the great financial industry in Carbondale will stop just for some snow and ice. Bummer.

No comments: