Monday, September 17, 2007

More Dish Cloths?

OK you got me I am now involved in more dishcloth stuff. This one is a secret pal exchange and every Monday there are questions I need to post here and answer. I think it will be interesting for anyone to read as it tells you preferences I have or yarns and knitting items. Later I will get to the full report on the trip. Promise.
Today's questions.
When you knit or crochet dishclothes, washclothes or face clothes, what do you use?

I just use what ever cotton yarn is around in the stash. Sometimes yarns made for this purpose and other times some interesting all cotton yarn from the stash...

What size needle or hook?
I use a 7 or and 8 it sort of depends what I pick up first but usually a 7.

Wood? what type? Metal? Plastic? A specific Brand? Why do you love that needle or hook so much?

I am still in love with my Addi Turbo's but am really devoted to the original Balene. Not the ones you can now buy but the original. I still have quite a few but they are not as durable as the Addi and some have broken and I can not replace them. I do however like the silver Options from Knit Picks. I just prefer metal needles as I feel they knit faster for me.

Is there one you are dying to try? No not really I think I have tried every needle out there, rose wood, ebony, plastic, aluminum , bamboo you name it and I have tried them. I presently have quite a needle stash but the ones mentioned above are what I love and use the most.

Is there a particular yarn you love and use all the time for clothes?
What is so special about it?

I do lots of knitting for my grandchildren and my all time favorite is Cascade 220 Superwash. I think it has body which some super wash yarns do not have, it washes like a dream and has the warmth of wool. It is just a practical yarn to use when you need washability. For machine wash and dry this is my absolute favorite. Great yardage as well.

I am never shy about telling what I love the most. If you are talking socks I dearly love Opal. I think the yardage is better and it seems to really wear well with a bit more loft than other sock yarns.

Next monday there will be more questions for me to answer.

No comments: