Saturday, May 17, 2008

MITTENS


I have at last found a few minutes in which to fill everyone in on what is going on in my knitting life. Last week I had the great pleasure to present a program on mittens to the Rochester, NY knitting guild. What a warm welcome I received. How nice to be able to share my great passion of knitting with all the members. Their interest was wonderful to see. I will from time to time show some of the mittens we talked about here. First I would like you to see some of my collection of mittens knit by others. In Minneapolis, MN there are a group of women from Latvia who knit these delightful mini-mittens. Hard to imagine doing these tiny little things. Thanks to Lizabeth Upitis I have a nice little collection I would like to share with all of you. Enjoy!

I am working on a pattern and workshop guide for the Paula mitten and preparing to teach a class on this mitten. If that were not enough I am also working on a lesson plan on the "Wonderful Wallaby " sweater by Carol Anderson. Over the years I have made many of these and done classes as well. I have a few things I do differently when knitting this most practical of sweaters. Soon but don't expect it over night. I will have a little pamphlet to go with your wallaby pattern. This has been a request from students and daughter alike. Now I am knitting a wallaby for Miss Lillie and doing the notes.

You can always be sure when I don't blog I am knitting on something or other. I can not remember a day I did not knit. It is my passion and sanity.

Have a great weekend and I am off next week to get a grandchildren fix.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're giving my Mom a grandchild fix too! I hope you have a great time!