Friday, September 24, 2010

Everything Old is New Again


Interesting how the lighting changes the color of yarn. The picture of the ball is accurate and the one of the sock done with the scanner is a bit different. You never know...
Quite some time ago I knit a sock and did a pattern. The yarn is long gone from my stash. I was fortunate enough to be gifted with a wonderful ball of a new sock yarn by Debbie Macomber. The Blossom Street Collection and is called "Petal Sock Yarn". This color is "Plum Tree". This was a perfect time to do the sock again. My own pattern and I did a little edit to it and am ready to teach a class on this nifty heel. It does fit nicely and avoids the picking up the heel flap that seems to perplex some knitters. The yarn is absolutely wonderful. Soft and silky with a bit of halo. I love it, the yardage is fantastic 462. I think a shawl in this yarn would be something so soft and warm I can hardly wait for the yarn to arrive at my local yarn shop. I would caution those who purchase this yarn to remember it seems a bit thinner than the Sockotta I used in the beginning so I did that old trick and went up a needle size. Worked perfectly. Also the label says NOT to put it in the dryer. All in all it was a breeze to knit. It just seemed to flow through my fingers. It also has a feel good aspect and that is that Debbie is donating all the proceeds from her yarn line to help children all over the world. Now how nice is that?

No comments: