Monday, January 12, 2009

A MONKEY HAT?


Yes indeed a sock monkey hat. I have a wonderful son in law but he never seems to quite complete the "fix it things" around the house. I will say when we visit, "can you fix that?" His answer is "a trained monkey could do that". Well it has now become a wonderful family joke. We have started seeing that he gets little things as gifts and they all have the "trained monkey" involved. Always good for a laugh. When Susie alerted me to the Sock Monkey Hat on Knitty I knew I had to make it. I had hoped it would be for Christmas but alas as with lots of great plans. Part of the unfinished projects around here in bags and boxes. Now I am working hard to finish them. This weekend this was the finished project. It left in the mail today. I can hardly wait until he gets this one. It was a lot of fun to knit and best part of all I was able to use the stash. I just double some of the yarns, I keep thinking I will find more room in the yarn closet but so far it has not happened. I seem to be working from the baskets that litter the family room.

No comments: