Thursday, November 4, 2010

More completed knitting




I also worked long and hard on the final version of my red line shawl. This was done to celebrate the wonderful "Red Line" needles made by ChiaoGoo. Such pure joy to knit with. My endless thanks to Universal Yarn for the wonderful Holiday Red with sequins yarn called Soft Payette. It absolutely flowed in my fingers and the sequins were no problem at all. The best part of this project was the fact it did not need to be blocked but just a light steam on the wrong side. I love something that when you are finished knitting you can wear it right away. I have been working on this project off and on since June and at last I have the written directions. I needed to do a double check of them so with the left over yarn I knit one to fit the American Girl Doll.

I have been told that Miss Lillie is requesting an American Girl doll for Christmas. You can imagine what I will now be working on until Christmas. Lots and lots of little sweaters. That Mary Ann was so helpful to model so beautifully the shawls on Knit Night at http://yarnforewe.biz/ Dianne has changed the name from Stash Busters to Yarn for you and Stash Busters two to more accurately represent the new direction her shop is going in. Not just stash busting but a full service yarn shop. How exciting for all of us in the Western New York rea.

No comments: