Thursday, November 12, 2009

MIRED IN MITERED SQUARES


Well I have a new favorite thing to knit. Mitered squares. So fast and rewarding. After the two crayon box jackets I thought now what well along comes Melody Johnson of fibermania and she has two of the greatest free patterns on her blog. Neck warmers indeed winter is around the corner. Where I live we had snow now nice weather but more snow to come. Perhaps that hint of cold was to really motivate me. I knit one from the original pattern and now I am nearly finished with the second version. I love them. Now I know that they move along so very fast for me because I have the perfect needles. Yes I am partial to my friends at ChiaoGoo but these 7" needles are just the best for small projects. I have always owned only circular needles and double points but these are the perfect solution for those small things. Perfect for these squares. Not expensive $5.00 and under at the yarn shops. I am having the time of my life. Did a demonstration at the local yarn shop last week and found lots of others excited by this as well. Now I am off to Rochester, NY tomorrow. I will participate in the "Yarn Crawl" I will be doing several demonstrations at My Yarn Boutique, doing my version of the square, some socks with beads and who knows what else. I can hardly wait. If you are in the area come and join us.

Heads up if you live near Jamestown, NY there is the most charming yarn shop coming your way before long. I had a great time with the owner yesterday and will fill you all in on the grand opening when the time comes. Don't you love it when you hear there will be some place new to travel to?

(yes I use my washer top as a photo shop. I seem to get better contrast there than anywhere else) What ever works, works.

No comments: