Wednesday, April 22, 2009

NON KNITTING PROJECT


As I have no knitting to blog about I thought I would share this idea with you. Often you can find the old basket type purses at thrift sales. Here is a great use for one. I made Lillie an Easter Basket by changing ribbon and trim. Filled it with grass and her Easter items. Great for small little girls as there is a lid and during the egg hunt things stay inside. She really loved it. This week her favorite color is purple so I used purple flowers and a glue gun to trim the top and just ran some ribbon around the top. I did it too late to share for this Easter with all of you but thought you might want to be on the search for a basket and put it away until next year. With 3 dogs to keep up with life is pretty busy around here.

Yesterday was a sewing day. I hate to mention this one but shortly after Sammy the Cavalier came to visit, he chewed the bottom of the leather sofa, matching chair and ottoman. I have fussed over this for a long time. The furniture was in perfect condition until he arrived. The blue duct tape did little to add to the decor of the room. Yesterday I took some plaid fabric with the blue of the leather in it and made a skirt, flat not gathered or pleated, and used the staple gun to attach it. Looks great if I do say so and now our family room is not so shabby. Best part was the fabric came from the stash. Now I know why I save all this stuff.

Two great ideas for Earth day, save and reuse!

No comments: