Saturday, February 21, 2009

DID YOU SEE IT?

i just received my new issue of O magazine. There is quite an article on ways to cut down on stress in these difficult times. On page 124 in the "Mindwise section". I would like to quote the following: TAKE UP KNITTING" it goes on to say knitting can cause a "relaxation reflex" with a "calming and meditation like state". I have known this for a long time. Makes your blood pressure drop and the article further states that is reduces dementia. Now I like this but I think I have known this for a long long time.

I take my knitting to the Dr. office and naturally there is a bit of wait. I was told by one physician that I was the calmest person in the waiting room and would I teach the others out there to knit.

Nice to know there are studies to back up something as delightful to do as knitting.

Works in progress right now are the child's crayon box jacket and a pair of socks.

My motto today: TEACH SOMEONE TO KNIT

No comments: