Tuesday, October 7, 2008

HALLOWEEN SOCK SWAP


Yes I am making progress on the catching up part of my life. As you can tell it was a really good day today. The socks are finished for the Halloween sock swap. Tomorrow or perhaps Thursday I shall make the candy and pack the box. Stay tuned to see what goes in the box. What fun gathering gifts for some one you only know by the questions they answered to register. So here are the socks. I used a free pattern called Jaywalking and special yarn from Ruby Sapphire called trixie at least that is what I think it is. Wonderful to knit with and oh so soft. I used my special double pointed Signature needles in size 1. Those are worth every penny to me. Now I await the size 0 as this sock would be to large for me. You all know that old trick, drop the needle and keep the stitch count the same. And now I have finished my night cap. A healthy? Cosmopolitain. Made with cranberry /pomegranite juice which I hear is healthy. Never mind the other ingrediants. Good night to all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh your socks look wonderful. Although yours are not done yet- i have gathered some great things that I think you will enjoy. I have been checking your blog and keeping a spooky eye on you!

Marisol said...

I got them, I got them! They are amazing and you read my mind or maybe I read your mind. Just this week I observed something I had forgotten happens a lot downtown san francisco. People were jaywalkign across corners. Practically on every corner during morning commute hours. It clicked that I had yet to make a pair of jaywalkers for myself. All these years I wanted a pair of jaywalkers and never got around to it. Imagine my surprise and utter delight when I opened up my trick or treat feet package!!!!
Thank you so much I love everything you seleceted for and will be blogging about it soon along with pictures of your lovely postcards:)