Sunday, August 14, 2011


At last I am getting a few projects finished up. Here is a pair of fingerless gloves. Great fun to knit and I was able to use some silk yarn from my stash. A double pleasure. Here it is summer and I am thinking gloves. I recently saw an article that called them reading gloves. Now I like that description. I love to sit with the Kindle at night and read in bed. This will keep my hands warm. I think I might just make some more. I have other things on needles and now perhaps I can finish up a few more in the next week. Then things knitterly come to a halt. Grandchildren will return for another visit as well as dear friends. Guess it is time to open up the kitchen. I spent yesterday getting a couple of things made and into the freezer and that will help out a lot. Tomorrow I hope to get more baking done. At least it was cool and that makes me feel more like doing baking.

I am hostess at bridge on Wednesday so will be doing a cake for that I am trying something new and will later let all of you who read this know the results.

On the 25th I will have cataract surgery and I am really looking forward to that. I know that sounds crazy but I have not been driving after dark as I know I don't see as well as I should. One eye will be done this month and the next 4 weeks later. Just in time for fall when it gets dark earlier. Now I call that planning ahead. Dr. Nick has promised I will be able to read all the writing on the TV screen from across the room. I guess we could get a larger TV but then what fun would that be?

Our dry weather has come and gone and the yard and flowers are most appreciative for some cooler temps and the rain. Now I need to work on a few that did not make it during the heat. They are sure looking sad.

More tomorrow on progress in the knitting department.

DON'T FORGET TOMORROW IS SIGN UP DAY FOR DISH RAG TAG!!!

No comments: