Thursday, February 4, 2010

A BUSY BUSY LIFE






I don't seem to be able to get to this blog as often as I think about it. I seem to be always in the midst of some project or other for a finished date. Pictures seem to be my problem. Here is what I have been working on: pair of cool socks, the valentine jacket for Lillie and pj's for Louis. In the midst of this I am making a quilt that needs to be finished in the next 10 days or so. I love making the little jackets from a sweat shirt. They are fairly fast and easy and I am reducing the stash of trimmings bit by bit. If you are 5 and in kindergarten you love clothes that show off the holidays. I may do St. Patrick's day next. Who knows. There is also another baby quilt to be done as well before spring. What is that old saying "never enough hours in the day". I also knit a moebius scarf and that was given away before I even did a photo. Rather fun but mostly not very exciting.

Today the local quilt shop was open and I purchased the batting, and backing so tomorrow I can start the lay out and decide what type of quilting design this little baby will get. I did something I don't hear mentioned on the quilting shows or sites. I used my serger. I had lots of strips to sew together and it was so slick. Each piece came out perfectly and I feel that as this will make many trips to the washer the secure seams are a great idea.

My knitting seems not all that exciting these days. I have a pair of angora/wool mittens to finish up and to be honest am fighting with myself to finish them just dull, dull, dull. Perhaps tonight as I watch "Project Runway" I will get the second one knit. Sort of like "second sock syndrome".

At any rate I am still around and working on the things I love to do.

No comments: