No pictures as I am still on my working vacation. Hopefully there will be new pictures tomorrow but in the meantime here is a wonderful different potato salad. From my very talented daughter who cooks as well as knits>
Warm Green Bean & Potato Salad
4 Cups - potatoes sliced approx. ¼” thick
2 Cups - green beans – cut up
4-6 slices of bacon
¼ Cup - olive oil
¼ Cup - white or balsamic vinegar
¼ Teaspoon - black pepper
¼ Teaspoon - salt
Dash - garlic powder
¼ Cup - minced red onion
1. Boil the potatoes for ten minutes. Add the green beans and cook another 5 minutes.
2. Drain and cool the potatoes and beans after cooking.
3. Meanwhile, fry the bacon; drain and reserve 1 tablespoon of drippings.
4. In a small bowl, whisk olive oil and bacon drippings slowly into vinegar.
5. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder into the liquid mixture.
6. Pour the vinegar/bacon fat mixture over the cooled potatoes and green beans.
7. Crumble bacon strips and spread over top of salad.
8. Add red onion and gently toss not to pulverize potatoes.
9. Serve salad slightly warm or at room temperature.
Makes approximately 6 servings.