Saturday, February 19, 2011

ANNIS SHAWL



I have always been thrilled with the beauty of the shawls from Estonia. Particularly the ones based on the Lily of the Valley. Such a beautiful flower and in the spring the ones that grow at my back door have a fragrance I adore. That being said the "nups" in the patterns have made me think about doing one of these. So when I saw Annis on Knitty I thought this would be a perfect time to try them out. Then I found the U-Tube demo on the crochet hook method. I was off and knitting. This is a fun shawl and I loved knitting it. Now if we could just have some warmer weather I will be able to wear this pretty pink treat. I have a few other projects that must come first then I think I shall cast on for the Lily of the Valley. Now understand there are 3 other shawls that must come first. Plus some work for upcoming classes but keep watching I will let you know when I start.

No comments: